Memorandum of Understanding between the City Union of Baltimore
Mayor and City Council
· Article 11 – Wages:
FY 2009: 3% across the board increase for all employees effective payroll period beginning August 23, 2008 or the first payroll period after that date. Effective July 1, 2009 a salary increase of 2%.
§ Longevity will be increased from 2.5% to 3% effective 06/01/2009.
· Crossing Guards will receive the full 3% without prorating.
· Hazardous duty pay granted to parking control agents.
· Changes in Contract Language:
· Re-evaluation of how managers determine essential and non-essential employees.
· Side letter to review specific job classifications.
· Side letter to do desk audits, starting at Grade 78.
· CUB to be given 1 hour of orientation with new employees.
· New employees may join union at hiring, but will remain unrepresented until probation is completed.
· Vacation cannot be denied because of staffing shortages.
· Documents from the official personnel file must be in the file upon review prior to arbitration and not presented at the arbitration.
· The word “pager” added to Article 17 – Hours of Work – after the word “telephone.
· Temporary Employees :
· Effective July 1, 2009, no temporary employee shall be retained by the employer for more than 6 months.
· Community Aides:
· Except in cases of emergency and from time to time on a temporary basis not to exceed 3 months to address legitimate temporary needs, the employer shall not allow Community Aides to perform work which is normally performed by bargaining unit employees at the particular locations.
· Out of Title:
· Full compliance of Administrative Manual 214-1 Part III. CUB members assigned to perform the duties of a higher classification shall be compensated for such services from the first working day.
· Emergency Room Visits under the City’s Health Plans:
§ Effective 1/1/2009 – Employees shall pay $35 Emergency Room fee. Fee is waived if employee is admitted
§ Effective 1/1/2010 $ 50.00 Emergency Room Fee.
· United Health Care POS Plan:
§ Effective 1/1/2009: 15%/85% employee and employer split of monthly premium.
§ Effective 1/1/2010: 20%/80% employee and employer split of monthly premium.
§ All HMOs shall remain at 10%/90% split.
§ Any new POS plans shall be 20%/80% and new HMO plans shall be 10%/90%.
· Traditional Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plan participants shall be required to choose a new plan effective 1/1/2009.
· Healthcare Cost Containment:
· Development of healthcare cost containment programs including wellness preventative and healthy options programs and plan design recommendations.